At Aesthetica Surgery & Spa in Columbus, Ohio, breast augmentation is a very popular procedure for women who want fuller, shapelier, breasts than the ones nature gave them. It is also ideal for those whose breasts have "deflated" after pregnancy, major weight changes, or simply with age. As a woman and a surgeon, Dr. Anne Taylor understands that you have your own personal reasons for choosing breast augmentation. Her goal is to provide you with the look you are hoping to achieve, whether it's subtle, dramatic, or somewhere in between.
Dr. Taylor is a board-certified plastic surgeon with an exceptional level of training and experience with breast augmentation. Request a consultation online to discuss breast implants with her, or call our Columbus, Ohio, office at (614) 569-2649 to schedule an appointment.
Breast Augmentation Before & After Photos
WARNING: This feature contains nudity. Please click OK to confirm you are at least 18 years of age and are not offended by such material.
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Is Breast Augmentation Right for You?
If you think larger or fuller breasts will help you feel more confident and bring balance to your figure, then breast augmentation is a great surgical option. Some women have always wanted larger breasts, and others notice that their breasts lose volume after pregnancy or aging. Dr. Taylor's sympathetic and engaging personality helps women open up to her about their reasons for wanting breast augmentation, which often include:
- To "fill out" tops, bras, or bathing suits better
- To align the proportions of the upper and the lower body
- To look and feel more voluptuous, feminine, and sexy
Dr. Taylor sees women of all ages and sizes for this procedure and will customize your results to best flatter your body. In some cases, she may recommend combining breast augmentation with a breast lift if your breasts sag. Body contouring procedures such as liposuction can also be included as part of a mommy makeover.
I love what I do. What could be more rewarding than helping someone feel beautiful?
— Dr. Anne Taylor
A Customized Procedure
During your consultation, Dr. Taylor will spend time getting to know you and understanding your motivations, your goals, your preferences, and your lifestyle. She will also examine you physically and take a series of measurements. She will use this information to recommend the best approach to breast augmentation, including the size and style of breast implants and surgical technique.
- Selecting your size: Choosing the right implant size is often the most challenging decision for women undergoing breast augmentation. Dr. Taylor will help you to understand how the volume of breast implants (measured in cubic centimeters of liquid volume, or cc) translates to cup sizes. She may recommend that you bring in photos of women whose breasts most closely resemble the look you are trying to achieve. She will make a recommendation based on your goals and your existing breast tissue, but ultimately, your choice in size will be a personal preference.
- Choosing the right implant style: Dr. Taylor offers both saline and silicone breast implants. Each option has benefits and tradeoffs, which Dr. Taylor will help you to understand during your consultation. Many women prefer the natural look and feel of silicone implants. These implants have been FDA-approved for safety and contain a cohesive gel that does not ooze or leak if the implant is damaged. Saline implants are another option for women who take comfort in knowing that their breast implants are filled with a harmless saline solution that can be naturally absorbed by the body. Dr. Taylor can perform an elective implant exchange if you've already had breast augmentation and want different implants at some point in the future.
- Deciding on a surgical technique: The surgical technique used will depend on the type of implant you choose, as well as your cosmetic preferences and anatomy. Dr. Taylor offers two types of incisions: periareolar (around the lower border of the areola) and inframammary fold incisions (in the breast crease). Dr. Taylor will discuss the advantages of each surgical option during your appointment.
All breast augmentation procedures are performed in a fully accredited surgery center. Dr. Taylor prefers general anesthesia, administered by a board-certified anesthesiologist, to enhance patient comfort.
Dr. Taylor will place the best implants through an incision either under the breast or around the areola. In most cases, implants are placed under the chest muscle for a more natural look and feel. If a breast lift is also being performed, Dr. Taylor will remove excess skin, reshape the breast, and reposition the nipple to a natural location. Dissolvable sutures are discreetly placed under the skin.
Your Recovery and Results
After surgery, you will be asked to wear a special bra and ACE wrap to help stabilize your breasts and minimize swelling. Dr. Taylor will explain your discharge instructions at your first post-operative appointment, which is usually the day after surgery. Please be sure to arrange for transportation to and from your appointments.
The degree of discomfort varies greatly depending on the patient, as well as the surgical techniques used and whether or not additional procedures were performed. Regardless, any discomfort is easily managed with oral pain medication. Most women find that they are able to return to work within a week. Normal daily activities and light exercise such as walking are permitted during the first few days and weeks. Strenuous exercise or more vigorous activities can usually be resumed after 4 to 6 weeks. Dr. Taylor will provide you with specific instructions for activity during your appointment.
Post-operative check-ups occur once a week for 3 weeks to ensure that you are healing well and are happy with your results. Once recovery is complete and the breasts have settled and softened, Dr. Taylor's patients tend to be thrilled with their new breasts, new bras, and newfound body confidence.
Breast Augmentation FAQ
Will breast augmentation take care of sagging?
If you have minor sagging, breast implants may fill out your breasts enough to provide an attractive shape. If not, Dr. Taylor can combine your augmentation with a breast lift to reposition your breasts and increase volume in a single procedure. A breast lift is usually appropriate if the nipples sit below the breast crease or point downward instead of straight ahead.
How much does breast augmentation cost?
The cost for a breast augmentation procedure at our Columbus, Ohio practice depends on several factors, including the complexity of your procedure, type of implants, and whether you are having additional procedures during the same surgery.
While cost is a necessary consideration, Dr. Taylor recommends making a surgeon's qualifications and experience your highest priorities. Your wellbeing and your results matter more than the difference in price.
Will I be able to breastfeed if I have breast augmentation?
Many women can successfully breastfeed after breast augmentation. When planned with the future goal of breastfeeding in mind, your breast augmentation procedure can avoid the nipples and milk glands altogether. During your consultation, it's important to share your plans with Dr. Taylor.
Breast implants, whether saline or silicone, have no effect on the quality of breast milk, so there's no cause for concern about the baby's safety.
Breast Augmentation Before & After Photos
See real patients and the remarkable results Dr. Taylor achieved for them.View Before & After Photos
Will I need to replace my implants in the future?
With the advancements in today's breast implants, there is no absolute timeframe for replacing them — but it's also doubtful that they will last a lifetime. If a saline implant deflates or if you develop any complication later in life, it's important to see a plastic surgeon without delay. Many women come to Dr. Taylor for elective implant exchange, as well, as their tastes change and new implants become available.
Will I still be able to have mammograms if I have implants?
Yes. Regular mammograms are an important part of taking care of your health as a woman. To ensure a clear assessment of your breast tissue, your technician will take multiple scans of your breasts. This allows for views that include the breasts and implants together, as well as views with the implants pushed back against the chest wall (to get an image of the breast tissue alone).