At her practice in Columbus, Ohio, Dr. Anne Taylor loves performing tummy tuck surgery because it can be life-changing for patients. The waistline is a problem area for many men and women, but it can be especially problematic for those with sagging skin and muscle laxity. These issues, often present in women who have had children and individuals who have gone through major weight fluctuations, cannot be fixed with diet and exercise alone. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Anne Taylor has helped hundreds of individuals achieve flat, firm midsections and improved body confidence with tummy tuck surgery. Through a personal conversation and a physical assessment, she identifies your issues and develops a customized surgical plan designed to achieve the results you want.
Request a consultation online to discuss your tummy tuck with Dr. Taylor, or call our office at (614) 569-2649 to schedule an appointment. Aesthetica Surgery & Spa sees patients from Columbus, Ohio, Dublin, and surrounding areas.
Tummy Tuck Before & After Photos
WARNING: This feature contains nudity. Please click OK to confirm you are at least 18 years of age and are not offended by such material.
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Is a Tummy Tuck Right for You?
A tummy tuck is normally most beneficial for those who are at a healthy weight. This procedure provides one or more of the following improvements:
- Removes loose, sagging skin (including stretch marks)
- Repairs stretched or separated abdominal muscles to flatten a protruding abdomen
- Creates a smaller waistline
During your consultation, Dr. Taylor will perform a physical exam and talk with you about the improvements you'd like to attain. She will then create your surgical plan, which will account for your unique needs, body type, and cosmetic goals. She may recommend a tummy tuck alone, or as part of a combination of procedures, to give you the improvements you want.
A Customized Procedure
Different bodies require different techniques, which is why Dr. Taylor approaches every tummy tuck as unique. She customizes each procedure to accommodate individual physical characteristics and personal aesthetics. Dr. Taylor will spend a significant amount of time with your during your consultation to understand your goals for abdominoplasty. This understanding, along with a thorough physical evaluation, are used to determine which procedure is right for you. Usually, Dr. Taylor recommends one of the following:
- Mini-Tummy Tuck: A mini-tummy tuck is ideal for anyone who has a very minor amount of excess fat and skin in the abdomen. Like a standard tummy tuck, a mini-tummy tuck is used to flatten and firm the stomach, but a mini-tummy tuck uses fewer incisions and creates shorter scars. Dr. Taylor recommends this limited procedure for women and men with localized excess skin and fat below the belly button. A mini-tummy tuck does not usually include muscle tightening.
- Standard Tummy Tuck: Full abdominoplasty is often requested by women who have had children, individuals who have gone through major weight changes, or those who are bothered by loose abdominal skin. This procedure involves removing excess skin and fat as well as tightening the underlying muscles for a slimmer waist and flatter abdomen.
- Extended Tummy Tuck: Dr. Taylor usually performs an extended tummy tuck as part of a body lift. This technique not only provides a flatter, firmer abdomen, but also improves the shape of the flanks and removes skin and fat from the back. This option usually requires a longer incision but provides the most dramatic result.
Post-Pregnancy Tummy Tuck: In this Fox 28 video, Dr. Taylor talks about how a tummy tuck can help a mother regain her pre-pregnancy figure.
Tummy tuck surgery is performed at our accredited surgery suite. A board-certified anesthesiologist administers general anesthesia for your safety and comfort. Most patients are able to return home the day of their procedure, so please arrange for transportation.
Dr. Taylor will place a horizontal incision low between the hip bones so that any scarring can be easily hidden underneath clothing or a swimsuit. The length and number of incisions will depend on the complexity of your procedure and your physical characteristics. Dr. Taylor removes excess skin and fat and tightens the abdominal muscles. If necessary, Dr. Taylor will re-create the belly button and elevate it to a higher, more youthful-looking position.
Small, thin tubes will be left in place temporarily to drain away fluid at the surgical site. These tubes are usually removed after about 1 week. Dr. Taylor will provide you with detailed instructions on caring for your drains.
Dr. Taylor will wrap the treatment area with bandages and you will wear a compression garment for several weeks to support your abdomen and minimize swelling.
I love what I do. What could be more rewarding than helping someone feel beautiful?
— Dr. Anne Taylor
Your Recovery and Results
The length and intensity of your recovery will depend on whether you had a mini, standard, or extended tummy tuck. Additional procedures, such as liposuction or breast surgery, will also affect your total recovery time.
Dr. Taylor will ask that you come back the day after surgery for a follow-up. Your incisions will be evaluated in order to determine if you are healing properly. You will be swollen and sore, and you may be discolored or bruised for the first few days after your procedure. Dr. Taylor prescribes oral pain medication to enhance your comfort during this time.
- Arrangements before surgery: If you have young children, please arrange for help with childcare during the first week or two of your recovery. Picking up a small child could cause injury or compromise your results.
- Accelerating healing: Light walking is encouraged the first 1 to 2 weeks after surgery to promote circulation.
- Returning to work: Most patients return to work after 1 week.
- Resuming exercise: Dr. Taylor recommends 4 to 6 weeks of recovery time before resuming your normal exercise routine.
Your results will develop gradually over the course of several weeks. It may take up to 2 months or longer before your end result is visible. Your new profile will appear flatter, firmer, and leaner once you have fully healed.
Tummy Tuck Before & After Photos
See real patients and the remarkable results Dr. Taylor achieved for them.View Before & After Photos
Tummy Tuck FAQ
Do I need liposuction or a tummy tuck?
The procedure choice depends on what is keeping your midsection from being as flat as you would like. Liposuction is used to remove areas of excess fat. It does not tighten the skin or abdominal muscles; that is the purpose of tummy tuck surgery. That said, Dr. Taylor often uses liposuction to enhance tummy tuck results by contouring the hips and buttocks.
Is it safe to combine my tummy tuck with other procedures?
Many of Dr. Taylor's patients choose to combine a tummy tuck with liposuction and a breast enhancement procedure, such as breast augmentation or breast lift. This combination of procedures is usually referred to as a mommy makeover.
Combining procedures can provide the most significant and satisfying results for people with multiple concerns.
How much does a tummy tuck cost?
The cost for a tummy tuck in Columbus, Ohio, depends on several factors, including the type of tummy tuck being performed (i.e., mini, standard, or extended) and the complexity of your procedure. As you might expect, having additional procedures during the same surgery will also increase the cost.
At your consultation, you will be provided with a written estimate for your specific surgery.
While cost is a necessary consideration, Dr. Taylor recommends making a surgeon's qualifications and experience your highest priorities. Your safety and the quality of your results matter more than paying the lowest price.
Is it safe to get pregnant after a tummy tuck?
While a tummy tuck will not affect your ability to safely carry a child to term, pregnancy is likely to cause you to lose some of the benefits of your surgery. If you plan to have another baby within the next couple of years, Dr. Taylor will likely recommend holding off on the surgery.
Do men have abdominoplasty?
Dr. Taylor frequently performs plastic surgery for men, including abdominoplasty. Men often wish to tighten the abdominal area after significant weight changes.