Anne Taylor, MD: Aesthetica Surgery & Spa
7227 North High Street #256
Worthington, OH 43085
Phone: (614) 569-2649
Monday–Thursday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.–12 p.m.
Extended winter hours from 12 p.m.–2 p.m., call to confirm.
At her practice in Columbus, Ohio, Dr. Anne Taylor performs gynecomastia surgery — also known as male breast reduction — for men and older adolescent boys who are self-conscious about having overdeveloped breasts. The procedure can be life-changing for patients who are often too embarrassed to remove their shirts at the beach or pool. As a board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Taylor can improve the contours of your chest in a way that looks natural.
Dr. Taylor’s reputation for producing excellent cosmetic results is well-known. To see what’s possible, request a consultation using the online form or call our office at (614) 569-2649 to schedule an appointment.
Before & After Photos
*Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Gynecomastia Case #52
Gynecomastia Case #53
Gynecomastia Case #81
Gynecomastia Case #88
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Is Gynecomastia Surgery Right for You?
Excessive fat, breast tissue, or a combination of both can give men or teenage boys enlarged breasts. The condition is fairly common, and exercise and diet often cannot improve it.
The decision to have surgery to reduce the size of your breasts is very personal. Good candidates for gynecomastia surgery share certain traits:
- Good overall health, at or near a normal weight for your size
- Bothered by the appearance of breasts and may avoid certain social situations
- Stable breast development (i.e, not fluctuating in size)
- Realistic expectations about the possible results
Because gynecomastia is sometimes caused by the use of certain medications — such as steroids — it’s important that patients stop using any drug for which gynecomastia is a possible risk factor before undergoing the procedure. Additionally, any underlying medical reason causing the enlarged breasts should be ruled out by the patient’s primary physician before having surgery.
CBUS Top Pick
Aesthetica has been named a CBUS Top Pick for Best Cosmetic Surgery Practice—that's a big deal! Of the more than 30,000 businesses in the area, the Columbus community voted Aesthetica Surgery & Spa as one of the top 3 in our field. Thank you for voting, and cheers to being among the best of the best!
A Customized Gynecomastia Surgery
Dr. Taylor can sculpt a more masculine-looking chest with a surgical approach that’s adjustable based on your specific condition. She may perform the procedure using a local anesthetic combined with a sedative, or with general anesthesia. Gynecomastia surgery can be performed using either or both of the following techniques:
- Liposuction: If the primary reason for your gynecomastia is excess fatty tissue, Dr. Taylor may use liposuction alone. During liposuction, Dr. Taylor makes a small incision and then inserts a thin tube, called a cannula, into the treatment area. She injects the area with a saline solution that contains both an anesthetic and epinephrine, which reduces discomfort and helps to limit bleeding. The solution also solidifies the fatty tissue, making it easier to loosen by carefully moving the cannula back and forth. Once the desired amount of fat is removed from one side, Dr. Taylor repeats the procedure for the other breast.
- Excision: If enlarged breast tissue is present, surgical excision is required. In some cases, where the enlarged breast has stretched the areola (i.e., the pigmented skin surrounding the nipple), Dr. Taylor may use excision if she plans to reduce the areola’s size or reposition the nipple to create a more masculine appearance. Whatever the reason for excision, Dr. Taylor is careful to hide incisions in discreet locations for a natural-looking chest contour.
Sometimes, Dr. Taylor determines that combining liposuction with excision is the best approach.
"I love what I do. What could be more rewarding than helping someone feel beautiful?"
— Dr. Anne Taylor
Dr. Anne Taylor has more than 20 years of plastic surgery experience and credentials that speak for themselves. Women and men come to her for her plastic surgery artistry, and the genuine warmth and compassion she has for her patients.
Male Breast Reduction Recovery
The recovery following male breast reduction depends on whether it involved liposuction, surgical excision, or both. In either case, Dr. Taylor meets with you the day after the surgery to assess your results and review the recovery process. She provides detailed postoperative instructions that you should follow.
Expect to feel some soreness in the chest in the days following the procedure. Prescription pain relief medication can effectively manage your discomfort. Swelling, bruising, and other slight discoloration is normal. These aspects of recovery typically take a few weeks to resolve. Light activity, such as walking, is helpful during the first couple of weeks to promote good blood circulation. Avoid strenuous exercise or other activities for a month to 6 weeks. As the swelling reduces, the results of the procedure will begin to emerge.
How Much Does Male Breast Reduction (Gynecomastia Surgery) Cost in Columbus?
The price of male breast reduction at our Columbus, OH, practice ranges between $5,000 and $8,000, depending on the complexity of your procedure. This cost covers all fees, including surgeon’s fees and anesthesia fees.