Anne Taylor, MD: Aesthetica Surgery & Spa
7227 North High Street #256
Worthington, OH 43085
Phone: (614) 569-2649
Monday–Thursday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.–12 p.m.
Extended winter hours from 12 p.m.–2 p.m., call to confirm.
In Columbus, Ohio, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Anne Taylor understands her mommy makeover patients better than most. As a mother of 4, she knows that weight changes, breastfeeding, and hormonal fluctuations can all take their toll on your appearance. Multi-tasking moms appreciate that Dr. Taylor can combine breast and body procedures for a customized operation to restore a woman’s body to its pre-pregnancy shape – or better! She will work with you to explore all of your options and select those treatments that are going to be most beneficial for your body issues.
With nearly 20 years of experience, Dr. Taylor is exceptionally qualified to produce the results you want. Request a consultation online to discuss your procedure with Dr. Taylor, or call our office at (614) 569-2649 to schedule an appointment.
Before & After Photos
This feature contains nudity. Please click OK to confirm you are at least 18 years of age and are not offended by such material.
Is a Mommy Makeover Right for You?
A mommy makeover is designed to specifically target areas of a woman’s body that are affected by pregnancy and childbirth. Most often, these areas include the abdomen and the breasts. Women with multiple concerns who are bothered by excess fat, sagging breasts, or poor abdominal tone are often good candidates for a mommy makeover.
CBUS Top Pick
Aesthetica has been named a CBUS Top Pick for Best Cosmetic Surgery Practice—that's a big deal! Of the more than 30,000 businesses in the area, the Columbus community voted Aesthetica Surgery & Spa as one of the top 3 in our field. Thank you for voting, and cheers to being among the best of the best!
A Customized Mommy Makeover Procedure
Your mommy makeover procedure will be designed by Dr. Taylor to address the areas that are most bothersome to you. Through a thorough physical assessment and face-to-face consultation, which includes a discussion of your goals, Dr. Taylor will identify the most effective procedures for you. Usually, Dr. Taylor’s patients choose a combination of the following:
- Breast Augmentation: One of the first things women notice after childbirth and breastfeeding is that their breasts lose volume, begin to sag, or both. Breast augmentation can restore volume to deflated breasts and improve a mild degree of sagging in some patients.
- Breast Lift: A breast lift can improve the position of the breasts and elevate the nipple to a more natural and youthful location. Women who choose a breast lift are usually satisfied with the size of their breasts, but they are unhappy with the degree of sagging. Dr. Taylor often combines breast lift with implants, and offers three different incision options for breast lift depending on the level of correction needed.
- Liposuction: Gaining weight is part of pregnancy, but for many women, losing all of the baby weight is a struggle. Sometimes fat takes up residence in new places, like the “love handles” or “muffin top,” which are notoriously difficult to slim. Dr. Taylor recommends liposuction for women who are not overweight, but have areas of fat that are unresponsive to diet and exercise. Liposuction reduces areas of fat and slims body contours such as the flanks, thighs, arms, or buttocks.
- Tummy Tuck: Diastasis recti, or separation of the abdominal muscles, is a common problem after pregnancy. Unfortunately, no amount of sit-ups or exercise can correct this condition; tummy tuck surgery is the most effective option. A tummy tuck can also restore a flat, firm abdomen in women without diastasis recti who notice excess skin or a “pooch” after pregnancy.
- Mini Tummy Tuck: This less invasive tummy tuck does not include muscle repair and is best for patients whose excess skin and fat are only below the belly button.
- Extended Tummy Tuck: In addition to the benefits of a traditional tummy tuck, this technique recontours the flanks and the back by reducing lax skin and excess fat all the way around the abdomen.
- Breast Augmentation Revision: Patients who are unhappy with their breast augmentation results, experiencing complications, or interested in exchanging their breast implants can include this procedure in their mommy makeover.
Many women include nonsurgical medical spa treatments to enhance their surgical results, rejuvenate their skin, reduce signs of aging, and more. Popular options include:
During your consultation, Dr. Taylor will talk with you about any treatments you are interested in and recommend the best timing for them.
What’s the Benefit of Combining the Procedures?
While it adds to the complexity of the surgery, combining procedures provides a variety of benefits for mommy makeover patients, including:
- Attaining multiple improvements at once
- Undergoing recovery just once
- Limiting time off from work to a single time period
- Saving money over having the procedures performed at separate times
Dr. Taylor ensures above all that the specific combination of procedures she performs is safe for the individual mommy makeover patient.
Your Mommy Makeover Surgery
Because mommy makeovers include multiple procedures, they are performed with general anesthesia at our accredited surgery suite. You will be monitored by a board-certified anesthesiologist for safety.
Your surgery may take several hours depending on the number and type of procedures performed. Dr. Taylor will complete all surgeries within one operation to minimize your overall anesthesia and downtime. Most patients are able to return home the same day, but an overnight stay can be arranged if needed.
"I love what I do. What could be more rewarding than helping someone feel beautiful?"
— Dr. Anne Taylor
Dr. Anne Taylor has more than 20 years of plastic surgery experience and credentials that speak for themselves. Women and men come to her for her plastic surgery artistry, and the genuine warmth and compassion she has for her patients.
Mommy Makeover Recovery
Recovery from mommy makeover surgery usually takes several weeks. Most women find that they begin to feel more like themselves after about 2 weeks of healing. Dr. Taylor advises her mommy makeover patients to allow this much time off from work, also.
The treated areas will likely be wrapped with a special dressing to support your body’s new shape and minimize swelling. Most patients do experience some swelling and discoloration in the treated area for several days. These symptoms are normal and typically resolve within 2 weeks, but swelling can come and go for months. Dr. Taylor may prescribe oral pain medication to improve your comfort level.
Aggressive physical activity should be avoided for the first 6 weeks. After that time, you can gradually begin to rebuild your strength with aerobic and resistance training exercises. Driving should also be postponed until after your sutures and drains are removed.
Dr. Taylor will continue to monitor you progress with regular follow-up appointments. This ensures your safety as well as a beautiful, healthy outcome. Once fully healed, you will enjoy a more flattering and youthful-looking shape.